Powerflex 70, DNet, Control Logix

Adam Bullen

Hi;

I am converting a PLC5 to Control Logix; I have a bunch of DNET Powerflex 70 drives.

I have used the tool to build my data base; and I'm wondering what the OutputCurrent_0....15 bits are?

Is this a binary representation of the motor current or %FLC? I have found all of the information I need in the manual except any mention of these bits.

Do you know if they are the older "Standard Control" drives, or the PowerFlex 70 "Enhanced Control" ?

If you've got your DataLinks set up for Parameter 3, that's probably where the drive is getting the enumerated Output_Current parameter.

Since it's evidently 16-bit, it's probably a Standard Control drive.

Parameter 3 Output Current is the output current of the drive, in units of 0.1 Amperes for Standard Control drives, and units of 0.01 Amperes for Enhanced Control drives.

So a value of "100" would probably indicate 10.0 Amperes.

Thanks for the reply.

It is the enhanced control option; "20AD034... (Enhanced option)" from RSNetworx.

So this will have to be mapped into an INT to give amps x 100? Seems weird that it doesn't come across as a INT like the feedback parameter.