You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 16th, 2018, 02:10 PM   #1
beaver_rrr
United States

Smile GE 90-30 w/ FANUC I/O Link A Addressing Issues

Hello!
I've been trying to mate my 90-30 chassis (CPU363 w/IC693BEM321) with FANUC Model A I/O Link Slave Module (AIF01A) in 5-slot chassis ABU05A.
I've got them communicating, and I can read DI from I/O Link slave's AID16D, and I can send DO to the slave's AOD16D, and the actual problem is this:
Every actual I/O module in ABU chassis slot seems to take 8 full bytes in slave module memory, so when %I reference address for slave 0 in BEM321 configuration is %I00033,
actual input address for AID16D slot 1 is %I33-48, and slot 2 is 97-112, slot 3 - 161-176, with slots after 3 unusable due to slave memory limit of 256 bits.
Output module seems to follow that pattern, but instead of using first 2 bytes of an 8-byte "word", it uses last 2, so with slave %Q reference at %Q00033,
16-bit output module in slot 1 would take %Q81-96, slot 2 - 145-160, etc.
I've tried swapping ABU05A for ABU10A, and two different AIF01A modules, it changed nothing.
I don't have another BEM321 on hands, but could buy it if that looks like incorrect behavior from master module.
I've spent hours digging through manuals trying to find if it is possible to configure BEM321 or AIF01A to behave correctly and use only 16 bits for 16-point I/O modules, to no avail, and decided to ask here.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 03:03 PM   #2
beaver_rrr
United States

I tested this I/O Link chassis with 16-MC CNC controller, and it worked with seemingly correct addressing, so I assume there is something that needs to be done w/ BEM module.

Help, please?
Old October 22nd, 2018, 04:06 PM   #3
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

What are you selecting as the Channel 0 slave type in the "Channel Data" tab in hardware configuration?
Old October 22nd, 2018, 04:52 PM   #4
beaver_rrr
United States

So far I've tried CN01, CN02 and SLAVE256 types.
Old October 22nd, 2018, 07:13 PM   #5
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

As far as I know, the BEM321 doesn't care what modules are present in the drop. It only expects to see the number of input and output points defined in the configuration. Does the first input from the input module in slot 2 show up as %I97 when you configure slave 0 as CN01 (96 inputs, 64 outputs)?
Do you have to do anything to configure the slave module? Model A I/O modules are the same card as 90-30 I/O modules. The only difference is the color of the plastic case. In a 90-30 if you don't download a hardware configuration file to the CPU, a slot with a discrete input module will self-configure as 32 points regardless of the number of points on the module actually present. Perhaps that's what is happening here except its using 64 points instead of 32.
I only know enough about the Fanuc CNC side of things to make me dangerous. I'll check my files to see if I can find a manual for the Model A slave module.
Old October 23rd, 2018, 11:34 AM   #6
beaver_rrr
United States

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bailey View Post
Does the first input from the input module in slot 2 show up as %I97 when you configure slave 0 as CN01 (96 inputs, 64 outputs)?
Yes, but these 96 inputs start at %I33, so 97-112 are in range of available addresses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bailey View Post
Do you have to do anything to configure the slave module?
No, there is nothing I could find to be configurable, I/O Link Model A manual number is B-61813E and it's... scarce, at best.

I tested different slave types, and the only one not turning "Slave 0 configuration mismatch" error bit on is SLAVE256.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum