Micrologix 1769-l24er (Code 16#0022)

1s_and_0s

**Compactlogix** The fault that I am getting is; (Code 16#0022) an invalid reply was received. Reply service code does not match the requested service. The embedded analog I/O and HSC is not being recognized. I have checked the end link, downloaded a different firmware version, checked my 24VDC power supply feeding the plc, and changed the RPI. I am not sure what else to try.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have micrologix on my mind because I am programming one right now. It is a Compactlogix. Unfortunately the company that I am at will not allow me to send the program. I have this same program loaded on another plc and it is working fine. I will double check the terminal board.

This is undoubtedly a 1769-L24ER-QBFC1B CompactLogix 5370 controller with embedded digital/analog I/O and HSC.

1s_and_0s said:
**Compactlogix** The fault that I am getting is; (Code 16#0022) an invalid reply was received. Reply service code does not match the requested service. The embedded analog I/O and HSC is not being recognized. I have checked the end link, downloaded a different firmware version, checked my 24VDC power supply feeding the plc, and changed the RPI. I am not sure what else to try.

widelto said:
I made a mistake, you said embedded. My apologies.

As the L2 CompactLogix controllers support 1769 modules, this controller still requires a properly fitted 1769 End Cap Right (1769-ECR), even when you are only uses the embedded I/O. So you have not made any mistake here Widelto (I read your original reply before edit).

Yes 1s_and_0s, please re-check the "end link" if that is what you are calling the End Cap?

The embedded I/O module instances are automatically created under the I/O Configuration when the project is first created. So unless that has been messed around with or has become corrupted, it is usually the End Cap that is not fitted correctly. Plus it's the easiest thing to check first (even though you've jumped a few hurdles already).

allen_bradley_1769-l27erm-qbfc1b_a.png

Regards,
George

Last edited: