You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old October 21st, 2018, 01:00 PM   #1
chenley
United States

S7-200 converting to MicroLogix

We have a simple pallet wrapper that we are trying to convert from a S7-200 to a MicroLogix 1400. Out of 119 rungs we're getting stuck on converting two of them (attached).

Everything else appears to be working correctly. Except these two rungs I believe control the number of wraps. Not sure what the Allen-Bradley instructions would equal the Siemens instructions. The MUL is pretty self-explanatory, although not sure about the WAND_W and SHR_W.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NET61.jpg (24.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg NET62.jpg (22.3 KB, 24 views)
Old October 21st, 2018, 01:44 PM   #2
nehpets
Wales

The WAND_W is a word 'AND' the two words on the input to instruction are bit for bit AND'ed, and the result is on the output of the instruction.

The SHR_W is a word shift right. the input word is shifted right bit for bit.

Steve

Last edited by nehpets; October 21st, 2018 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Spelin
Old October 22nd, 2018, 11:52 AM   #3
chenley
United States

Where is the IW0 coming from and the VD8 (Network 61) and VD12 (Network 62) going to? Using the cross-reference IW0 seems to come out of nowhere and VD8 and VD12 only show up on those two lines.

This is my second time in my life looking at a S7 program. All our equipment is A-B based and using cross-reference seems a tad bit different between the two.

Edit: A little more research, I assume IW0 is coming from all the inputs from 0.X? Still can't find much on the VD8/VD12 part except that it is "internal variable memory".

Last edited by chenley; October 22nd, 2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: additions
Old October 22nd, 2018, 05:02 PM   #4
mk42
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenley View Post
Where is the IW0 coming from and the VD8 (Network 61) and VD12 (Network 62) going to? Using the cross-reference IW0 seems to come out of nowhere and VD8 and VD12 only show up on those two lines.

This is my second time in my life looking at a S7 program. All our equipment is A-B based and using cross-reference seems a tad bit different between the two.

Edit: A little more research, I assume IW0 is coming from all the inputs from 0.X? Still can't find much on the VD8/VD12 part except that it is "internal variable memory".
Fair warning: I haven't used the S7 200's much, they are a bit different from the bigger brothers I'm more familiar with.

Yes, IW0 probably refers to the bits I0.0-I1.7.

I'm not sure about the V memory. It might be tied to some wizards in the project, possibly communications?
Old October 22nd, 2018, 05:27 PM   #5
Jeff23spl
Canada

VB = 8 bits internal memory
VW is a 16bits memo
VD is a 32bits memo

All of them use the same memory map so
(VB0,VB1,VB2,VB3) = (VW0,VW2) = VD0
next adresse in a row after VD0 you get VD4 because a VD use 4 bytes of memory

WAND is a ''AND'' logic of each bit of the word
SHR is a ''shift right'' operation of the number of defined bit at the ''N''

For more info you may look at that manual
http://www1.siemens.cz/ad/current/co...00_2005_en.pdf

Is it blown or you just want it to be AB ?
Old October 22nd, 2018, 07:18 PM   #6
chenley
United States

The S7-200 is still good, only having issues with the wrapper arm returning to "home" position, which is determined by a sensor being flagged. 25% of the time, when the wrapper arm is suppose to return "home" it stops 180 out.

Have been troubleshooting it and with our limited knowledge of Siemens logic, figured while troubleshooting it might as well update it to a MicroLogix. Two reasons: 1) The microWin software dosen't seem to like Win7 or Win10. 2) This is the only piece of equipment we have with a Siemens PLC.

Does help greatly knowing that VB0, VW0 and VD0 are all the same, have been looking at it as though they were completely different memory allocations. Looks like I've got more tracing down to do knowing that now. Figuring these two rungs are being used as a sequencer for how the I/O operates.

Thank you greatly for the help thus far.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum