AB MicroLogix 1000 CPU Fault

aidamcg

Hi
This is my frist time posting but I have been reading the Q and A for a few years and find it very informative and interesting.
I have a probelm as of late with a AB micrologix 1000 faulting with the following error "retentive data is lost" I am unable to clear this error by the normal way of going online and clearing major error. The only way I can get the plc to work is to copy the lines of code from the original project file and create a new program and download it into the plc. It has happened to me twice over the past few weeks. I am wondering if anybody came across it before.

Many Thanks

Aidan

We have started seeing this more often. the first one we replaced and that took care of it after that we have seen it about 6 times. Now we are considering the possibility of noise.

To clear it in the status file there is a bit for retentative dat loss not sure of the address but it it there. Go online and clear the fault then clear that bit then go to run.

Do you have any noise supression on the supply?

Drewcrew6