EDS files L32E.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
I cannot see a CompactLogix L32E (revision 20) in RSLinx (2.59). I'm using a Windows XP virtual machine in VMWare. I think the problem is a missing EDS file.
From one CompactLogix manual, I need EDS files for these 3 devices:
•1769 local adapter
•1769-L32E controller
•1769 CompactBus

So far I've been able to find and install 2 EDS, as follows.
1)The EDS for the 1769-L32E Ethernet Port: http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/EN/0001000C009E1400.eds
2)The EDS for the 1769-L32E controller module Firmware
http://www.ab.com/networks/eds/XX/0001000E004D1400.eds

Where can I find the third EDS file (CompactBus)?

Thank you!

I am pretty sure the 1769-L32E only goes to revision 19. I could be wrong on that though. I will try to look it up.

Last edited:
I confirm that my processor is a CompactLogix 1769-L32E using the revision 20.11 in RSLogix.
I programmed it a few years ago. In the meantime I changed my computer and I think this is the reason for the failed communication. I'm trying to access it remotely (VPN).
Going back to the EDS files, any comments about my missing CompactBus EDS?

As a point of clarity, the older 1769-L3x controllers support firmware revisions 13-20.

There are actually four separate EDS files required for the L3x controllers:

1. Ethernet Port
2. Backplane
3. Processor
4. Virtual Backplane (VA)

I always advise users to download and register all the EDS files for this controller family and be done with it, rather than seeking out specific individual files, which you seem to be struggling with...

26315 - EDS files for all CompactLogix to solves browse and expanding backplane issues
Access Level: Everyone

Regards
George

attachment.php

I am pretty sure the 1769-L32E only goes to revision 19. I could be wrong on that though. I will try to look it up.
Last edited by jtashaffer; Today at 02:53 PM.

I take that back I remember I do have one that is version 20

Ken,

I "think" the EDS file attached in that technote may be specific to the CompactBus on the newer 5370 CompactLogix 1769-L3y controllers (1769-L33ERM, 1769-L36ERM, etc.)?

Our friend is using an older CompactLogix 1769-L3x controller. The CompactBus EDS file for the older L3x controllers is in the zip attached to the technote that I linked, and is under a slightly different filename "0001006C005B0100.eds" dated 2000. The newer 2011 EDS filename is "0001006C00B30100.eds", but more importantly, the contents are somewhat different. The old file defines a 37 slot chassis, the new a 30 slot chassis. The new does mention that it's a revised edition of the old EDS template vb4cl.edt, the new being vb30cl.edt, but whether that means it's just based on it, or it supercedes it, is not clear.

So, whether the newer CompactBus EDS file will work for the older controllers or not, I cannot be sure, but at a glance I would think not? But you'd never know and it would be interesting to find out.

Regards,
George

Last edited:
George, the package of EDS files you pointed to was what I was searching for but could not find.

Thanks !

Ken or George,

Is it possible for 1 of you to email me the EDS files? I have registered for rockwell forums but I have never been able to get to them, i have to send and email and attempt to resolve the error or something like that it says.

With that being said, I cannot access any of the forums you have linked.

We could also teamview and transfer the files

Either way, if your willing to help please email [email protected]

Thanks

Greg

Hi Greg,

Please check your gmail inbox for a "possible" solution to your file access issue.

Regards,
George

Hi,
We have an old RSLinx Classic (Revision 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR 1). We would like to make sure to have the good version of the EDS files for a CompactLogix 1769-L32E.

Do you think that the version we find in internet could be ok for our old RSLinx or we really should have an older revision that we are not able to find anymore in internet?

We know we could change our RSLinx but it works well with all other 1769-L32E we have, except one and we noticed that its icones in RSLinx is not the same than the other.

Does somebody can help me with it please?

Thanks!