Old Screen Creator Software for DP-C321

Problem solved. Brainfart. Too many old programs in my collection and while transferring from 1 computer to other, mixed up what I thought I was doing. If I knew how to delete the previous post, that would be best as most of what I typed is wrong.

Lets leave it up... thats how we learn as a group (y)

By the way AtoZ, welcome to the club and glad you found your issues, thanks for coming back and letting us know! :site:

Screen Creator will not run on this PC

I obtained a download link directly from AutomationDirect for Screen Creator v117.
Unfortunately, when I attempt to install it, I get a "this app can't run on your PC" error. I made sure to "unblock" the downloaded ZIP. I have tried every compatibility mode from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7 with no success. I tried on two separate Windows 10 computers. Any idea why I cannot get this to work????

I obtained a download link directly from AutomationDirect for Screen Creator v117.
Unfortunately, when I attempt to install it, I get a "this app can't run on your PC" error. I made sure to "unblock" the downloaded ZIP. I have tried every compatibility mode from Windows XP SP3 to Windows 7 with no success. I tried on two separate Windows 10 computers. Any idea why I cannot get this to work????

Did you download it from https://support.automationdirect.com/products/sc.html
Because if you did it says on that page:
Do not delete any existing ScreenCreator files!! This is a maintenance release, not a full install. You must have a previous version of ScreenCreator to install this upgrade.

Also from reading the first couple of pages from the ScreenCreator user manual it seems to run under either W95/W98 or NT

Did you unzip the package to a folder before you tried to install it?

I downloaded the installer zip file from a link I received from a technician at AutomationDirect, which should be the full installer.
I did extract the ZIP file to a folder on my local hard drive before attempting to install.

Ozpeter is correct, the link you downloaded from in not the full package.

The software you need is from a protected area. Send me a PM and I will give you the correct link and password.

Andy

This is the same link I was given by technical support. I downloaded it again and have the same problem. Version 1.17 is a maintenance release. Apparently I need v1.0 which is not available, even from the restricted area of the download site.
I have asked the technician at AutomationDirect to please have someone check the company's software repository for the last full version.
We did purchase the software almost twenty years ago but even if we could find the diskettes, they would probably not be readable.

Need Screen Creator for DP-M320

Hello,

I realize that this is an old thread and that the HMI that I have is even older. However, I was hoping someone would be able to and kind enough to give me the install files for the old Screen Creator Software. I am trying to salvage a project from an old DP-M320 to another DP-M320. I would greatly appreciate any help/information you guys can give me.

Thanks,
Tyler