PLC Program & Routines

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I have a PLC test program that has a rung of logix in the "MainRoutine"
Its a simple rung that closes relay and makes the bit true and starts a timer.

I have 3 seperate programs labeled
Run1
Run2
Run3

PLC.jpg

In each of these seperate programs (Run1,Run2,Run3) I have a Memory bit tag with the same label called "Prestart"

I would like to close the relay located in the "Mainroutine" if any of the "Prestart" bits are true in programs (Run1,Run2,Run3)

Since these tags are labeled the same, how would I program these 3 tags
called "prestart" to close this relay and start the timer?

thanks

What version are you using? You could use parameters if v24+ otherwise controller scoped tags:

Define a controller scoped tag array such as Prestart[0..3]

In each of your "Run" programs create program scoped tag "Prestart" ALIASED to Prestart[1]C for Run 1 program, "Prestart" ALIASED to Prestart[2]C for Run 2, "Prestart" ALIASED to Prestart[3]C. This allows you to create identical code for each program, but the aliasing ensures unique controller scoped memory is used, thus giving you global access.

Your "MainRoutine" would then reference the controller scoped tags "Prestart[1]", "Prestart[2]" and "Prestart[3]" for evaluation outside the run programs.