How do I make my entire program reset and repeat EVERY time a single input is closed?

My program is initiated by a N.O. input and once it is closed, it stays closed until the end of the program cycle (program is still running in PLC and needs to stay running at all times for my application), at which point it is opened again. If I try to initiate another cycle of the program by closing the same N.O. input, it does nothing. The only way I can get the program to cycle through again is if I tell the PLC to stop running and then run it again. I need it to cycle through the program every time the N.O. input is closed. Please help.

Speaking in general, in any programming, you return the program to the state you start out with.

If you post the program then we can give you more specific hints.

Unfortunately I don't have an easily legible version because I am programming through the front panel of the PLC and do not have the cables to transfer to my computer. Hence the bad quality pics. I am new to PLC programming and ladder logic/diagrams so idk if all symbols are universal. So here's a little key for mine:

Uppercase letters=normally open
Lowercase letters=normally closed
I's=inputs
Q's=outputs
T's=timers
M's=internal variables
S/R=set/reset
C's=counters

p.s. there is one more line of code and I will upload that pic after this reply

LD Pic 1.JPG LD Pic 2.JPG LD Pic 3.JPG LD Pic 4.JPG LD Pic 5.JPG

Speaking in general, in any programming, you return the program to the state you start out with.

If you post the program then we can give you more specific hints.
I don't expect you or anyone else to review/critique my whole program, but if possible, a very short simple example showing the correct way to do it would suffice.

It's difficult to read the entire thing and also since I have no familiarity with the PLC you are using, I can only make educated guess.

I see you have a few timers, counters, and Set commands. There need to be a way to clean out the timer, counters, and also reset the memory. I see you do have reset but I don't see where you reset the counters.

Going back to good programming practices, until you are able to read programs like you do with whatever native language you speak, avoid jumping straight into programming, rather, try to "program" in your native language with pseudo code, otherwise you get so deep in the swamp of your own making that you wouldn't be able to easily debug your own code.

Have you thought about sticking your program in a subroutine that gets called after the NO input and a one shot? The program would run until the logic before the oneshot changed states that way (might not be exactly what you're looking for but I think it'd put you on the right track).

I feel like the interface you're using isn't really meant to make large programming changes or author programs in. It's more for adjusting setpoints, enabling/disabling bypasses, etc. What are the chances of you getting your hands on the required equipment to actually go online and program in the PC based environment? Like, are you doing this professionally with a company that can purchase the materials for the job? Are you self employed? Are you doing this as a hobby?

Also, welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing from the photo that you're using a Schneider Zelio programmable relay, you'd be much better off getting a cable to program it. The Zelio software is free from the Schneider site.

I feel like the interface you're using isn't really meant to make large programming changes or author programs in. It's more for adjusting setpoints, enabling/disabling bypasses, etc. What are the chances of you getting your hands on the required equipment to actually go online and program in the PC based environment? Like, are you doing this professionally with a company that can purchase the materials for the job? Are you self employed? Are you doing this as a hobby?

Also, welcome to the forum!

I'm guessing from the photo that you're using a Schneider Zelio programmable relay, you'd be much better off getting a cable to program it. The Zelio software is free from the Schneider site.

Sorry guys I've been busy with other things at work. I appreciate all of your time. Yes I am using the Schneider Electric SR3B261BD. This project through my company has a budget cap and the cable compatible with this plc/usb is a bit pricey. Also, everything I have programmed so far allows the machine it is controlling to fully operate (besides the reset to original state), so it's basically one more step to add before it is complete.

Right, well looking at it you have M1 creating a self latching, or self sealing if you prefer circuit. That would need to be reset at the end of the cycle at least.

You are also doing the same with M2.

Sorry guys I've been busy with other things at work. I appreciate all of your time. Yes I am using the Schneider Electric SR3B261BD. This project through my company has a budget cap and the cable compatible with this plc/usb is a bit pricey. Also, everything I have programmed so far allows the machine it is controlling to fully operate (besides the reset to original state), so it's basically one more step to add before it is complete.

If your company is worried about a cable being a bit pricey. How many hours have they paid you for struggling? When the job could've been done in 1/4 of the time with the correct equipment.

False economy.

Solved. Thank you all!

I was able to figure it out and it now performs exactly how I want. Just had to change my [M1 and [M2 coils to SM1 and SM2 (set) and then include a line to reset M1, M2 and C1 once I1 is no longer energized.

Thanks to all who helped!(y)