Measure differential 4-20mA input using an Ammeter using

We have a bunch of signals that are differential 4-20mA inputs. I was wondering how can I measure the physical current using a Fluke 787 or a Fluke 773 meter.

Thanks,

Fluke 773 clamps around one of the conductors to read the current.

The other Fluke has to be in series with one of the 4-20 lines, requiring opening the circuit at one point and inserting both leads of the meter, like any current measuring meter.

The other Fluke probably has a voltage scale and if you know what the analog input's input resistance is (stated somewhere in the specs) the voltage (IR) drop can be measured and converted to an equivalent current with the dreaded Ohms Law.

Similar Topics

Greeting experts! We have a new machine we just built. It is equipped with regenerative drives. The machine uses Beckhoff controls (PLC and...
Replies
Views
Hey all. I have decided, for my own curiosity, that i want to know, and chart, exactly how much power my air conditioner actually consumes. And...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I don't have to much experience in the PLC. I'm using the Studio 5000 v32.03 We are trying to measure the length of a product, in...
Replies
Views
For part of our test system, we need to measure water level inside a chamber, which is under vacuum. We were successfully using one of these by...
Replies
Views
Hi Members, Currently, I'm working with Motor Generator speed measurement. Just wondering if possible or not my integration system for speed...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom