Multiple Profinet IO systems?

ahuberee

I have two PLCs on a network. One of which is the Primary Control PLC (PLC_1). The other I wanted to use as an I-Device to serve up signals which are pulled and processed from other networked Profinet IO Device Gateways (PLC_2). PLC_2 only has one network card.

PLC_1 IP: 10.1.1.100
PLC_2 IP: 10.1.1.101
IO IP: 10.1.1.102

I have configured my IO Device Gateways. I've also created a Transfer region to/from PLC_2 to/from PLC_1. After doing this TIA Portal creates a "Profinet IO System" for PLC_1. All devices I connect up to the network automatically become assigned to PLC_1 so I cannot access the IO Device at PLC_2.

Is there a way to add another IO System where PLC_2 has access to the device and still have a transfer region where I can send data to the Primary PLC_1?

I think I figured it out. After connecting the IO Device to the network, I had to delete the Profinet System Connection from PLC_2, then assign it as the DP Master by right-clicking the network. This separated the two Profinet IO systems (one for PLC->PLC transfer) one for the IO device.