panelview 800

sevs_89

hi all,

is it possible to move the decimal place in numeric display on panel view 800.

the PLC is SLC500.

im trying to read a pressure, when SCP for an example i get 87 which is 8.7 bar but on the HMI it only lets me add a decimal.

any help would be great.

I have only used FTVME, I am not sure how CCW works. But in FTV, you can use expressions in the connection. For example: {[PLC]pressureTag}/10 .
Another thing it could be is just setting the number of decimal places in the properties.
Depends on your situation, but just throwing some ideas out.

Last edited:
You dont need to use an expression in ftvme to do it.

You will need FTVME and on the numeric display property's for 87 there is a option on where to put the decimal.

bright, here is what i was thinking.
If the actual tag was a 'real',
and the actual value was '8.7',
and the properties decimal places was set to '0',
The displayed value would be rounded to '9'.
He stated the displayed value was '87' and should be '8.7', so I figured it was possibly a 'dint' or similar that needed converted.

+1 to Alan's suggestion. Just divide the tag with the value "87" in the PLC by 10 with a FLOAT tag as the destination, and read that tag with the HMI. Will just come in as 8.7 and you don't have to worry if CCW doesn't support expressions.