TIA HMI command line

MarekHubka

Hello everyone, I would like to ask you for help. I need to make vizualization of simple command line where can I write text which then will be writen in string tag in my plc. Then I need another one which write another string tag on screen. As hard as I am trying and searching I cant find any solution how to tag a string in hmi or anything what could serve as a command line. I just need a simple way how to write into a string and then how to write another string onto a screen. Any ideas or links somewhere where I could find an answer please? I hope it makes sense. I am using a TIA v14 SP1.

Marek

Create an I/O field on the HMI and then in the tag properties create a new tag using the DB entry for the string. Repeat for your other string.

string1.jpg

Last edited:
It was the first thing I have tried, but It does allow me to tag only this one (viz pic) and not tags with strings. I was thinkig, is there any extra configuration needed or only with specific hardware? I am using there 1500 plc.

1.jpg

Then on the RH pane drill into the DB containing the strings and select the string you want then press the green tick

a3.jpg

Did that fix it? My display format was set to decimal and still allowed me to select the string tags from the DB.

Easiest way to get this right on the first try is to open the screen, then in the navigator of the left of the screen select the DB and drag the tag onto the screen :).

I believe there are very easy ways, but I am just learning how to work with it so it will take time to discover how to do things simple. Anyway lot of thanks for your help