Easybuilder Pro Rockwell Tag Import

Kev77

Hi,

I am in the process of learning the Easybuilder Pro version 6.1 software for the Weintek HMI screens and I have a few questions on how to import tags. I exported the tags from Studio 5000 as a .LX5 format and then went to import it into Easybuilder. When you go to import the tags, the default file format is .LX5 but it will not see the export file.

So I exported the tags again as a .csv format and they imported with the exception of user-defined and add-on defined tag structures. I went in an created the new structures as the connection guide suggests and most of the import errors went away. I was also not able to see any alias tags from the import.

One thing to note, make sure and click "save as template" or you will rebuild the UDT's again! 🔨

My questions are;

1. Does the .LX5 import option work in the software? I figured if it was an option, I should have been able to import it, hopefully with the UDT information.

2. There is a button to "get tag information". I was unable to get it to work and the connection guide or help files doesn't cover that option. Can anyone tell me if it should import the tags and possibly the UDT's directly from the controller?

3. Should the import bring in alias tags as well? I noticed that in the .csv file, the prefix was "alias", not "tag" like all the base tag names. I wanted to see if I modify the .csv and replace "alias" with "tag" and see if it would work but I had to ship out my panel.

Thanks,

Kevin

I have run into the issue on importing an ALIAS ... along with changing ALIAS to tag in column A of the CSV you will need to put in a tag type in column E (so BOOL, INT, DINT), then try to import the CSV

Last edited:
Yes, I think they need to do a bit of work on the Rockwell tag import, having to modify the .csv export to accommodate ALIAS tags is, IMHO, not very clever.

Another issue I have is with UDT's. Yes you can "build" them yourself, and it all works, except that when you come to tag something to an element of the UDT you can't always see the elements you want, because the tag picker decides whether you want BOOL tags, or DINT, INT etc., tags. IF your UDT has both types it doesn't let you get at the BOOL elements etc.