1734-OE2C Series A (or B) install into new 1734-AENTR system?

HJTRBO

Hi all,
I have old 1734-OE2C series A and B parts knocking around gathering dust. A customer would like one installed on their machine because they like the price.
Their existing system has a 1734-AENTR (Series A Rev 3.001) adaptor set up and is working with multiple modules already installed in the chassis.
I'm not sure if the old cards will work in this system due to the age difference. I found this post from Ken Roach. I'm taking it that series A or B IO modules for a 1734-AENT(R) adaptor will not work?

Last edited:
Based on the datasheet (found here: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1734-in002_-en-e.pdf) you must use rev. C modules for EtherNet. Your A and B cards would only work on DeviceNet and PROFIBUS.

------------------
Before You Begin
You can use these Series C modules with DeviceNet and PROFIBUS adapters. If you are
using RSLogix 5000 software, version 11 or higher, you can also use the Series C modules with ControlNet and Ethernet adapters.
-----------------------