Robot Cell Alarm method

userxyz

Hello,

At this moment we have several Robot Cells with PLC and one or more HMI's. The alams on HMI are really terrible... for example when an alarm occurs, more then one alarm is showed, causing not knowing wich one was first and so on. When I look in the alarms, there are more then 2000 alarms in a cell and all are programmed in ladder networks individually. No OOP approach. When leaving automatic mode is also seen as an alarm, and robot alarm triggers to go out of the automatic mode, u know...

For a new body and trimming factory we have to move on and evolute a little bit in such as well. For the transport with conveyors, each conveyor can be an object and internally in the object (FC or FB) we can surpress other alarms or use priority or whatever internally. That's a standardisation step in the right direction. But for the robot cells I dont' see it yet... could a OOP approach also be the solution for this case... how are you guys handle many alarms in a robot cell ?

Thanks in advance,
Combo