Siemens Analog Card problem

Test400

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a 4-20ma pressure transducer, with a Siemens 2 channel 12 bit analog card (331-7KB02-OABO).

I set the card jumper to 2 wire reading,I wired the transducer to terminals 2 and 3 (CH 0) supplied power to the card at terminal 1(L+) and common to 20(M) and 10,11(Mana)

i tested the transducer by itself, with a ammeter it gave me the proper 4-20ma.

But once i hook it up to the card it pulls the current down.

has any one come across this? or could help me out?

regards
Test400

Check you have not got the jumper 180 drgrees out (I have done this!) Do you have an "SF" fault led lit? I had this fault myself when I tried to connect a 4 wire device but had the jumper on 2-wire. If the device is two wire (And not connected into any other plc/instrument it SHOULD work)

I have a Siemens connection diagram on my work pc (Am at home for the weekend) so I can dig it out on monday. You could try googling "Siemens analogue connections"