sy/max model 400 processor

Hussien adel

Hey all,

i have a problem with my symax 400 when ever i try to start the computer connected to the processor it gives me error that there is no connection and the memory LED is on and the Halt LED keeps flashing and so the machine doesn't work and i really don't know whats going on, plus i don't have experience on this field, so any one can help with a lil patience

Hello
When you say try and start the computer connected to the processor are you attempting to veiw the user program or is it being used as hmi. These leds will be on and flash when there is no user program and the keyswitch is in run. Or when there is an error in user memory this could be caused by the lost communication between the computer and the processor.
Check the communication cable.
Try connecting with the programming software to verify there is a user program, program could also have been corrupted in this case download the program again.

Hope This Helps
Tom

Hey Tom,
I was really waiting your answer, cause i knew you was working with something like this before
well this happens also when i start with the use program and the caple is oki,

how to download the program again ?

do you mean by user program, the software on the pc connected to the processor ?
when i turn the pc on it says there is no connection

thats fine, but i don't know can this happen to lose the memory on the processor without changing the default security things ( the jumper position )
if it would happen, how can i get it back again ?

i'm sorry if i bother with so many questions, but i hope you will bear it,
i don't have a copy, where can i download it and how can i install it to the processor ?