Siemens S7-300 PLC software

lsam

Is there a version of Siemens software that can be used to view only the installed program logic and diagnostic buffer to determine system and bus faults. I don't necessarily want to be able to write or change a program - only view. Our machine manufacturer from Italy connected to our machine and told us that there were no faults in the PLC but the System Fault (SF) LED is on steady and the Bus Fault (BF) LED flashes on/off. So, I just want to view the PLC error log to see what is causing these LEDs to show faults.

The SF LED is kind of generic I think. It's telling you there is a fault in the system. The BF LED is indicating an error in your network. Something like a cable or connector. Possibly address overlap.

I am pretty sure that there is a system and/or bus fault. But I had read somewhere that there is a diagnostic buffer (error log) in the PLC or on the SD card that can tell me what kind of fault is causing the SF and BF LEDs to do what they are doing. That's why I was trying to find the software that would allow me to read-only what is in the error log.

If the PLC has a ProfiNet port, you could hire someone to come in for a half a day and turn on the CPU's web server. Diagnostic buffer would then be readable by your favorite Internet browser.
You could also create some Variable tables to watch your I/O in the browser.

A couple of suggestions.

If the HMI is a Siemens Comfort panel, then it is simple to add a diagnostics viewer to the HMI program. You can then see the diagnostics buffer, hardware diagnostics etc.

The Webserver can also be used as previously mentioned. Be aware that it costs approx 220 kB on the flash card to enable the webserver.

Or, grant access to the PLC via VPN and let an expert from the outside check the diagnostics buffer and the HW diagnostics.