Omron C200H

Dave Steer

Hi Guys
Desperate for help here.I have a Omron C200H PLC, I am trying to comunicate with my laptop through a CQM1-CIF02 Interface Unit. On the unit it tells you not to use this unit on a C200H, my question is what lead should be used? Because this is the only one that connects to the programming port
Thanks in advance

Dave Steer said:
Hi Guys
Desperate for help here.I have a Omron C200H PLC, I am trying to comunicate with my laptop through a CQM1-CIF02 Interface Unit. On the unit it tells you not to use this unit on a C200H, my question is what lead should be used? Because this is the only one that connects to the programming port
Thanks in advance

Hi, You can buy a C200H cable from omron. Or, You can use an RS232 cable, You must cut the end off of this cable, buy another end from radio shack and solder it on. Omron only uses five wires and if you would like to do this you can e-mail me for the pin configuration. Will be glad to help out. The RS232 cable connections molded ends are to large to connect and use must use the narrow metal ends that radio shack sells. First you might try using a nullmodem witch will also change the configuration of the wiring. My choice was the first one and label the cable C20H.You can email me at [email protected] good luck.

serialtontnew_0002.jpg

Oops...

I hate to tell you this but if you have a CQM1-CIF01 cable,
(the cable has a small balck bock towards one end), read the
red lettering on the black box that says you should never
connect this cable to a C200H-CPU01. Chances are that the
C200H-CPU01 peripheral port is fried.

Omron C200H

The cheapest way if you have a spare slot on the rack is to use:
LK 201 Host link module with a cable that you can make youself.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If there is no spare slot on the rack you need :
3G2A6-LK201-EV1, CPU mount host link ( this may also require an adapter depending on the module next to the cpu).
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a backup of the program it may be better to upgrade the
CPU/Backplane to a newer one with a 232 port on it.

You do not mention which C200H model you are using.
If it is one of the older original units such as CPU01, you require a host link interface.
If it is a C200HE or HG (Alpha series), you can connect by using the CIF01 with a serial cable configured for an Omron port. The HE and HG also have a serial port and the same cable will connect straight to the serial port.
It sounds like you have one of the older units and the advice from Fred is correct but please let us know which CPU you are using.
:confused: