1783-natr

I can tell you what some of the differences are, but I can't explain everything.

The Ethernet/IP driver get binded (bound?) to one of your network adapters in the "configuration" settings of RSLink. Then it has the ability to "browse" for devices on the network. We see this when we plug into the machine and the network tree gets populated by all the devices on the network.

The Ethernet driver will *not* browse the local network.....so you have to (in the driver configuration screens) type in all the IP addresses of the devices you want to see.

My understanding is that the advantage of the Ethernet driver is that it works with older devices that do not have the ability to be discovered by the Ethernet/IP driver.

In the case of using the NAT, the Ethernet/IP driver doesn't seem to be able to browse the public addresses and "see" the device behind the NAT. This is where I run out of any knowledge. I can't explain why that is the case, but there are a few people on the forum who are real experts in this stuff.....maybe they'll weigh in.

I can tell you what some of the differences are, but I can't explain everything.

The Ethernet/IP driver get binded (bound?) to one of your network adapters in the "configuration" settings of RSLink. Then it has the ability to "browse" for devices on the network. We see this when we plug into the machine and the network tree gets populated by all the devices on the network.

The Ethernet driver will *not* browse the local network.....so you have to (in the driver configuration screens) type in all the IP addresses of the devices you want to see.

My understanding is that the advantage of the Ethernet driver is that it works with older devices that do not have the ability to be discovered by the Ethernet/IP driver.

In the case of using the NAT, the Ethernet/IP driver doesn't seem to be able to browse the public addresses and "see" the device behind the NAT. This is where I run out of any knowledge. I can't explain why that is the case, but there are a few people on the forum who are real experts in this stuff.....maybe they'll weigh in.

Very interesting, thanks for all the information.

Regards:
Sydney

Thanks everyone! Now that I know you cant ping through the public port to the private IP address and I set up my PC to look at the public IP address it worked.

Regards,
Justin