Multiple users on Rockwell TechConnect account?

kolyur

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
This is a very basic question but I figured I could get a quick answer here before I waste a lot of time.

Can a TechConnect account be set up with multiple users? Right now it's just me. If I create a new Rockwell login account for another individual at our company, and put in our TechConnect ID in the settings, will he then have access to everything that I do (knowledgebase, software downloads, etc)?

Thanks.

I am pretty sure that is a yes. We have about 5 guys that are assigned to one account. I think I added them using the same company name and Techconnect ID number.

We asked:
is the support tied to a particular person in our company, or is it available to everyone? [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

The answer was:
The support is not tied to one person, it goes by machine count however it is not tied to the company nor one person but is SITE SPECIFIC.

We are currently wondering if they mean our customer sites or our company office site.

For end users it is physical site specific. The price is based on the number of devices you have at the site. A site with 50 devices will pay more than one with 5.

If a company has multiple sites, they can often get a group discount, but the support is still site specific.

For integrators it's different.

at my former job, we had a tech connect contract.
there were about 30 people on the paperwork at ab.
if you are the site administrator, call them up and add each person to the tech connect number you have.

rules may have changed over the last 8 years though.

james