RSViewSE lose communication

shanimi

Hi,
On a large instelation with 5 CLX, 50 Point IO adapters, 20 PVP, 3500 IO, One RSViewSE Server and 10 clients.
all running on Ethernet/IP, The HMI communication is on seperate ENBT from the IO, but on the same network.
The CLX ,HMI and communication is on UPS.

When there is a power failure, all remote IO's lose power, but the RSView is also losing communication with the CLX.
If we try to ping the CLX from RSView - its responds - no problem.
When we regain power - all RIO are back - HMI still has no communication.
Only when we restart the HMI machine do we regain communication.
I tried resetind the RSLinxNG service, I tried restarting RSView I tried restarting the switch - nothing helped

any suggestions?

Shanimi,

I have noticed the same effect. When a PLC (that RSView is connected to) looses power, goes into fault, or loses some of it's I/O due to power failure or bad connector, then the RSView "hangs" onto the old token forever.

Only soulutions I have found:

1. Connect nearly every device possible to UPS power,
2. Set up a Fault Routine in the PLC that watches for power loss or faults. Have this routine trigger a Command in RSView32 that reboots the computer automatically, so that communications are reestablished.

Are you using RS Linx "classic" (OEM, Pro, Gateway) or RS Linx Enterprise. You may find issues with "classic" regarding losing comm and what is called slow poll mode and then recovery. I would suggest using Linx Enterprise which has had a few patches recently. If you are using Enterprise, you will want to confirm patches available and install them.

We are using RSLinx Enterprise with all patches included.
One point is that we are not using IGMP or any othe multicast filtering what so ever - all is on one network

Shanimi

Please to notified when you using standard hardware for the network infrastructure and for the Server you will be find a lot of problem with SE. Also when you using SE 3.00 will be very helpfully upgrade to 4.00

Rgds,
IM