Panelmate 3985T Watchdog Time Out

bigsteve

In the past day, on our Panelmate, we've gotten several "Watchdog Time Out" notifications. Usually, they will clear by pressing the cancel button, but a few times, the reload has stalled and we've had to manually reboot the panel by disconnecting the power. There have been no changes to the screen or PLC programming, but we did have a suspected power quality problem Sunday late/Monday early with some 3-phase equipment randomly tripping from the MCC.

So my questions; what causes the watchdog time out on the Panelmate, and how can I correct it?

The only reference to "Watchdog Time Out" error message I can find in my documentation is that it refers to an internal Panel Mate problem, possibly related to power. The suggested remedy is to check to make sure the unit is properly installed and if the problem persists to contact your local distributor. To me the implication is that if the power supply isn't the problem, you should be making arrangements to replace the unit.