RSView Studio ME Trend Object Question

jstolaruk

Lifetime Supporting Member
It would be nice to display some static X-Y data on this PV+ project I'm working on. Can a trend object be setup to do this? If so, got some pointers to get started? I can't see how it can be done.

Thanks in advance. Jeff

I looked into this a while ago and it's not really possible.

The X-Y form of the PV+ trend is still time-based; it polls X and Y and just replaces Time with the value of X. X is still polled on a time basis. You could write a little routine to "meter out" the X and Y values to the PV+, but that's time consuming while drawing the graph. There also isn't a good way to re-draw the plot on command.

I ended up doing a brute-force method as well, with 100 little square dots with position animation. It worked OK for my application, which was a temperature profile.

Thanks Ken, that was my method also.

For anyone else interested, I changed the "Chart Update Mode" to "On Change", set the X axis to pen #1 (my X data), blanked pen #1, metered out the XY data at a set rate, and then adjusted the width of the display to correspond to the total number of readings times the increment I released them at.

I guess it wouldn't take a lot to create an ActiveX control to do what I want but this is just one small app and the rest of the cell is waiting for me.

-Jeff