having hard time on cx programmer addressing:(

theripley

im a first timer on cx prog and unfortunately im finding it a lil unfriendly..unlike siemens which addresses for field devices (I for input and Q for output) and internal coils and relays (M) are very transparent, cx programmer does not define this..iv read sample programs written in cx but the more i read, the more i get confuse because i have observed inconsistencies:)am i correct that from 0.00 onwards it is the address for input, 100.00 onwards is for the output and 10.00 onwards are for internal relays and coils?i cant confirm this because i do not have a physical plc for now..im only using an online simulator to check my program..on the simulator,nevertheless, my program works as i wanted it to be..but before writing the program to the plc, i wanted to make sure that the addresses are proper..

any words will be of great help..
icon14.gif

tnx:)
theripley

The addressing goes by which type of Inputs or outputs you are physically connected to. Say you have input cards in channel 0,1 & 2. and output cards in channel 3 & 4.

Then address
0.00 ~ 0.15 is inputs
1.00 ~ 1.15 is inputs
2.00 ~ 2.15 is inputs
3.00 ~ 3.15 is Outputs
4.00 ~ 4.15 is Outputs

Rest of the channels/bits[varies according to cpu model] can be used as internal relays

Regards
_______

It really all depends on what CPU you are using.Theripley, the addresses you give allude to you using a CQM PLC, however, this cannot be simulated (using CX-Simulator).
Chavak, what you say is quite correct, however, remember, it is possible to change the Rack start addressing, so if you wanted, Slot 0 could be set to address 200, slot 1 then becoming 201 etc etc.

When using CX-Programmer, the ladder editor will automatically add an "I" or an "O" prefix to an address that is used as an input or output.

By the way Theripley, aren't you glad that you only have to type an address, rather than I0.00, O201.12, etc etc. This (once you get used to it) is one of Omrons oft lauded features.

hmm, now i get it..on my cp1h plc cpu, 0.00-0.15 are automatically added by the ladder editor with I and 100.00-100.15 are automatically added with Q..does it mean that 1.00 onwards act as internal relays and coils?:) just verifying if my thots are correct:)
hmm, ive got another concern..if il add an expansion unit, does that mean that my adressing wil be repeated? i mean like, 0.00 for my plc and the 0.00 for my expansion or 100.00 for my plc and 100.00 on my expansion..wil dat make any conflict, i mean naming different inputs with one address?

Hello Theripley,

The expansion unit addresses will not be duplicates of the built in IO.
You need to read up on the manual about how this addressing occurs...
I am not so 'au-fait' with the CP1H series as to be able to answer your questions off the top of my head (maybe others might chip in!!!)

However, the manual is a very good place to start...
Try here if you don't already have the manual (W450-E1-03)...
http://www.omron247.com/doc/pdfcatal.nsf
or here...
http://downloadcentre.omron-industrial.com/dlc3/home.do?language=en

i have here a cx programmer v6.0 software..it is an old version of the cx with old plcs and cpus..the problem is i cannot use this software for new cpus and plcs..purchasing another software will be an "ouch" to the pocket because it costs a lot..do u hav any idea on how to upgade this licensed software? :)

theripley said:
i have here a cx programmer v6.0 software..it is an old version of the cx with old plcs and cpus..the problem is i cannot use this software for new cpus and plcs..purchasing another software will be an "ouch" to the pocket because it costs a lot..do u hav any idea on how to upgade this licensed software? :)

Hello Theripley,
I'm afraid that you're a bit stuck here.
Unfortunately, there is no upgrade path from v6.
The current version of CX-Programmer as shipped with CX-One v3.05, is v8.0. You will need to purchase this.
You will need at least CX-Programmer v7 for the CP1H.

One possible (less expensive) option, is to obtain either a copy of CX-Programmer Junior (available as a stand alone application within the Asia-Pacific area I believe), or CX-One Lite - a cut down version of CX-One, which also includes CX-Programmer Junior.

The Junior version is capable of programming all of Omrons "CP" range of PLCs - CPM1, CPM2, CP1L, CP1H etc.

Be aware, if you are looking at fully using Omron in the future, that CX-Programmer Jnr CANNOT be used for any of the other Omron PLC ranges (CJ / CS, CJ1M, C Series or CV).

Hope this helps.

theripley said:
hmm, now i get it..on my cp1h plc cpu, 0.00-0.15 are automatically added by the ladder editor with I and 100.00-100.15 are automatically added with Q..does it mean that 1.00 onwards act as internal relays and coils?:) just verifying if my thots are correct:)
hmm, ive got another concern..if il add an expansion unit, does that mean that my adressing wil be repeated? i mean like, 0.00 for my plc and the 0.00 for my expansion or 100.00 for my plc and 100.00 on my expansion..wil dat make any conflict, i mean naming different inputs with one address?

I would avoid using areas such as 1.00 onwards (or 101.00 onwards) for internal bits in your program for the simple fact that if you DO decide to add an expansion unit to the CP1H you will need to move these addresses as the expansion will use these as actual I/O.
Omron CP1H / CJ / CS have an area called "W" or work bits. Use these as your internal bits / words, e.g. W0.00, W0.01 etc... then there will be no conflict with the CIO area in the future.