SLC ethernet communication

G
Hi,

I have 2 SLC 5/04 and an SLC 5/05 all connected to ethernet (the 5/04s through a NET ENI)

Is it possible to transfer data blocks from one SLC to another using this ethernet connection?

If so, can anyone give me a clue how to?

Thanks in advance

you can do this fairly easy.

setup the ENI so that the DF1 address maps to the IP address of the target (other IP addresses).

When you MSG from a 504, you target a DF1 address.
The ENI will then take the MSG for DF1 address X and convert it into an ethernet MSG and send it to IP address Y (IP address Y is the address assigned to the target device).

When you MSG from the 505, just target the IP address of the ENI that is attached to the 504. The ENI will receive the ethernet MSG, convert to DF1 MSG and send it to the serial port of the 504.

Similar Topics

Hi all, it's my first thread in this forum. I have problem with eem instruction. I try to communicate my slc 5/05 with alarm system and all time I...
Replies
Views
I have some equipment with Allen Bradley SLC 504 PLC's, that have a Prosoft MVI46 ethernet module installed. I would like to configure it to talk...
Replies
Views
I am trying to set up the communication between a SLC 5/05 and a Schneider ATV71 drive with an Ethernet I/P communication module. I believe this...
Replies
Views
Hello all dear PLC Lovers, I am using SLC5/05 (1747-L552). I want to establish the communication between the SLC and my notebook via Ethernet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem with a cpu slc 5/05 (1747-L552), 32k Mem 0S501 series C, I am using the MSG instruction to ethernet communication, it works...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom