Siemens Simatic s7

totok

dear all,
thanks so much for your help, now my RS Logix working normally.
but I have some question about Simatic S7, my friend have Simatic S7 installed in his computer and then he try to backup data using Norton Ghost (clone hardisk to harddisk), it is sucessful but after that he lose Simatic Authorization on his comp.

what should to do to get back his authorization? is this like RS Logix using reset code?

Best Regard,
Totok Supriadi

guest, he says he has the authorization, it's the serial no. for install he needs.

taz, if you really do have the yellow floppy the KHE no. should be on it. i've also seen folks keep hitting zero during install until the "next" button un-grays.

BOL

oops, how did i do this?

Reply Simatic S7

dear all, specially KennyB (member)

he really have LEGAL yellow disk authorization with KHE :0049646390.
Actually he only want to backup data using Norton Ghost (clone hardisk to hardisk), but now he lose the S7 Authorization...

Please help me to save his Authorization

Best Regards,
T Supriadi

If the authorization is corrupt/lost providing your copy is legit all you need do is contact siemens. Check out how in the Authors program or automation licence manager if you are using V5.3. My company has done this many times without to much inconvienience.

Remember that you have the emergency 14 day authorization to keep you going.

As for imaging forget ghost and use Drive Image - I can verify no corruption on restoration of images!

Steve

I know that if you use scan disc or defrag with the authorisation word still in the software it can corrupt/lose it. So maybe this is the same for using Norton Ghost.

You should remove the athorisation word before running Norton Ghost, there should be 'Authorsw' in the start menu, this will remove the authorisation on to a floppy, you use the same program to restore the authorisation.

If you do lose your authorisation word then you need to fax Germany, there is a fax sheet which should appear in ':\siemens\authorsw\authfaxb'. I think the 'b' stands for english language, there should be other languages there aswell.