SmartGuard 600 IP adress change

alexbeatle

Hello,

Has anyone had trouble changing IP address of the existing SmartGuard 600 1752-l24bbbe?
See attached.

Tried plugging in directly and through an unmanaged Ethernet switch.

Thank you.

JPEG_20180530_075003_7024493650901601703.jpg JPEG_20180530_075047_6221870536961195174.jpg

Last edited:
Not with that device specifically, but your problem is most likely that something, most likely a PLC, is actively communicating with the device and won't let you change settings. Unplug the device from the network, power cycle it, and plug directly in with your laptop and try again

Not with that device specifically, but your problem is most likely that something, most likely a PLC, is actively communicating with the device and won't let you change settings. Unplug the device from the network, power cycle it, and plug directly in with your laptop and try again

Unfortunately, this did not help. Same error

It's been 3+ years since I used last time, but as far as I remember SmartGuard needs to be unlocked before you can do it. I recall that in require Safety Device reset.
Also I remember that it's very picky with valid IP addresses and masks. Specifically in your case, Gateway address is illegal, you can't use .0 because it's reserved for the network address with this specific subnet mask.

It's been 3+ years since I used last time, but as far as I remember SmartGuard needs to be unlocked before you can do it. I recall that in require Safety Device reset.
Also I remember that it's very picky with valid IP addresses and masks. Specifically in your case, Gateway address is illegal, you can't use .0 because it's reserved for the network address with this specific subnet mask.

I did try to unlock the safety. Put it in idle. Disconnect the DeviceNET cable. Reset. Still same error.

I even tried to just change the original IP adress from .134 to .135. Same error

Safety reset does not reset IP. See attached.

Capture.jpg

Last edited:
IP address has nothing to do with this. The Gateway address is illegal.

If you need gateway then set it to the valid number for your gateway or leave it at 0.0.0.0

As for reset, you need to put all check boxes.

IP address has nothing to do with this. The Gateway address is illegal.

If you need gateway then set it to the valid number for your gateway or leave it at 0.0.0.0

As for reset, you need to put all check boxes.

Please allow me to rephrase. I have the IP setup already and it works. While ultimately I want to change the IP, Subnet and Gateway, I am not even able to change a single digit in the working IP setup. My network switch is unmanaged.

I still stand by my answer that gateway is wrong.

I would save the program, wipe it out completely and start over