Beginner here. RSLogix 500. Input sensor must lose signal between cycles.

Ok, so here are a few things I see.

1. Your program layout is very good. Well documented and neat.
2. I can't say the same thing about your wiring skills.
3. Duplicate coil in Rung 15 and 16. You will only get an alarm for the left side. If the coil in rung 15 is true and Rung 16 is false then your logic will solve as false. Use an internal B3 Bit in each rung and parallel those in a new rung to the alarm output. Or, Parallel both sets of alarm bits in the same rung.
4. The upside down wedding cake in rungs 15 and 16 drive me nuts. Instead of adding new branch each time, right click on the left corner of your first branch and select extend branch. This will keep your branches the same size.
5. I would complete marking cylinder cycle before unlocking part. I would want to see it extend and retract then unlock.

As far as the duct tape thing, Don't allow your locking cylinder to extend unless all eyes are clear. The Cycle should not begin if your eyes are not properly aligned or blocked. I would series all 8 PE's clear to a B3 coil and use that coil's bit in Rung 0.

Last edited:
Problem solved! Thanks for your help everyone. It was trivially easy once i figured out whay function to use and how to think about it.

I latched a bit with the final action of the sequence, and the bit unlatches when all the sensors are cleared. If the bit is still latched when the start buttons are pressed the alarm goes off.

Thanks again