Function Call in TIA and Simatic Manager like in AB's JSR

IdealDan

Hi Guys,
A quick one please.

How do I call in a Function in TIA and Simatic Manager?

In AB, usually, JSR is created in Main Routine but for Siemens HOW?

Regards

In TIA/simatic manager insert an empty box and type in FC + number.
Really, Insert an emty box in OB1 right?

1. What is the difference between FC and FB?

2. Finally, How can I simulate Analog value please?

I'm really grateful

Regards

FC has access to parameters and temporary data. The temporary data is not "remembered" between scans.
FB has access to parameters, temporary data (as FC) and static data which is remembered between scans. Parameters and static data are stored in data blocks.

wrt to simulating analogue values, which platform (TIA or Classic) and CPU are you using?

Then either type in FC1 or the name of the fc (the editor will attempt to auto complete and give you a list of possible tag names)

fc2.jpg

FC has access to parameters and temporary data. The temporary data is not "remembered" between scans.
FB has access to parameters, temporary data (as FC) and static data which is remembered between scans. Parameters and static data are stored in data blocks.

wrt to simulating analogue values, which platform (TIA or Classic) and CPU are you using?
I can't thank you enough bro.
I really Appreciate.
Also, sorry for my late response please, I was out and now back.

For the Analog Simulation, I meant TIA with S7-300 PLC Please.

It all depends where you have addressed the analogue input and where the program is running. Will the program be running in a real CPU or PLCSIM - and which CPU model?

If the analogue input is addressed in the process image, you can write to the image to simulate the analogue input.

e.g.
Code:
L MySimulatedValue
T IW200

L IW200 //read analogue input and scale etc

Here's a better example that uses a simulate flag to either use the real analogue input or the simulated one.

sim1.jpg

If the analogue input is addressed in the process image, you can write to the image to simulate the analogue input.

e.g.
Code:
L MySimulatedValue
T IW200

L IW200 //read analogue input and scale etc
Please forgive me,

Could you please clarify a little more?

I was thinking some thing like slide on PLCSIM and also move command
I'm lost. Please help more.

Regards

Yes you could use the slide using PLCSIM - I was assuming you were going to write some code to simulate a process hence the need to simulate the analogue input.