mySCADA and MicroLogix 1400

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all, hoping someone can help me out.
I have a project designed in myDesigner which requires a numerical input from an operator. I watched a video showing how to draw a rectangle insert a value and assign a tag. Then go into the commands prompt and under write/set I set up 'on click' to be a numerical value. This worked for my original testing. I then went to add some more by copy/paste, I adjust the necessary tags, but now they don't work.
I get the popup numerical keypad and I enter a number, but when I press the enter button on the keypad it does not change in the PLC (N7:100 and N7:200)
I emailed mySCADA support and they said it was something in the PLC as they had my program working using modbus.
I cannot think of any reason the MicroLogix is not accepting the change.
It is a brand new PLC, I tried clearing the memory and reloading the program but still did not work.
Any assistance appreciated.

Thanks for the reply Ife.
It is definitely something I am doing wrong in mySCADA. I found a work around. If I use the wizard to design the input button, I can then copy and paste into my project. Then all I need to do is change the tags.

But can you read the values of N7:100 and N7:200 ?

MicroLogix and SLC AB PLCs strictly speaking don't use Tags, they organize de PLC memory in Data Files and they utilize a different communication protocol than the native Ethernet/IP that uses Control & CompactLogix although AB calls Ethernet/IP to both.

You need the specific drive for MicroLogix/SLC

Ife, I used the myDesigner wizard to generate a numeric input button. I then created my tag database in myDesigner which I linked to the N7:xx locations. Then I copied and pasted the wizard button and changed the buttons tag to match my tags. Everything is working great.