Proface scripting

CaseyMcDole

Good morning,

I have a VFD in a pump scenario that get its speed reference from an N register in a PLC5. The sample rate and operational characteristics of material viscosity causes the the output to dither from the applied reference. The solution was to add an proface HMI with analog output as the new reference.

I would like to sample the N file from the plc5 and buffer it into a local register and have the ability to manipulate the count +- by a percentage. ie: If the plc is sending me 2048 and my correlated Ma out put is 2000 I would then increase by a given percent until the flow rate was satisfied.

Im assuming I would do this with a button tied to a script that would take what ever # is in the register and add or subtract a %, as the output from the PLC5 is ever changing on a PID.

Thanks for your time