PID & Panel View 1000

plcnovel

Hi Everybody
I am trying to use a couple of pid loops in my system (slc 5/4, panel view 1000). For derivate term or the rate term in the PID controller, how can i input on the PV screen a value less than 1, or a decimal value that can actually be used in the pid equation? Like rate derivative term is a integer file address in the controller, so even i be able to add a decimal value in the PV screen, it would be rounded off to an intger......so First, how can i enter a decimal value in the rate input field on the PV screen (do i have to change the formatting of my data entry label on the screen)? and SECONDLY, how would i be able to use that decimal value in the controller? DO i have to use some kind of scaling and offset, if yes if you can explain to me wth some example how to do that , it would really be much appreciated? Thanks in advance?

See Attached PDF:

Word 5 is the Rate term, the integer value you enter is
multiplied internally by .01 (ie. if you enter 50 the Rate
term would be .5) Hope this helps