Dcs, Scada

Dear All

It is the first time i log in, I have a question, and thanks in advance to all:

Is there any difference between DCS, SCADA, HMI
Thanks in advance

m_abd_el_khalik said:
Is there any difference between DCS, SCADA, HMI

HMI does not belong in this groups.
DCS vs SCADA ... Less and less diference everyday. They tend to slowly be morphing into one entity.

More DSC SCADA

m_abd_el_khalik at the bottom of the "LIVE PLC Questions And Answers' page is a search text box where you enter keywords for a search of information on this forum. I use this quite often when I run across a term that is new to me, a particular piece of equipment or software. The DCS SCADA topic has come up here before a couple of past threads I found very useful are listed below.

Tom Jenkins comments on this contains very good explaination of terms:
DCS SCADA Info.

Ron Beaufort writes a very good comparison on this subject:
Still More DCS SCADA Info.

The HMI is a Human Machine Interface. This can be a monitor screen dedicated to a particular operation or process. It usually contains controls for system Start/Stop controls, error intervention and machine/system position or operation. It can also be as simple as a podium with a few knobs and buttons and maybe a LCD text display or multi-digit 7-segment display.

Hope This is Helpful

Thanx Dan