RSLogix Emulate 500 and Windows 7 64bit

Awesome, thanks! Now that I have installed RSLogix5000 v20 on this machine and that act caused my RSLinx version to be updates to 2.59, I didn't want to revert again and risk some sort of incompatibility with soon to be installed controllers.

So, I used OG's file (sight unseen) and it worked just fine.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thank You very much, well done(y)

I received the following from RA support. It has allowed me to get the emulator to show up in RSLinx 2.59 running Win 7 x64 Pro. Essentially a manual patch to create the needed registry key (the driver DLL turns out to be installed already).

Open the Registry Editor (Start-->Enter regedit in the open field).
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Wow6432Node-->Rockwell Software-->RSLinx-->Loadable Drivers.
Right Click on Loadable Drivers and select New-->Key and name the key EMU500
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be AutoLoad. Double click on the AutoLoad to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 0 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 again from the left-hand side and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be DriverID. Double click on the DriverID to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 13 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be Flags. Double click on the Flags to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 2 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->String Value. The name of the key should be Description. Double click on the Description to open the Edit String dialog. Enter SLC 500 (DH485) Emulator driver under Value Data. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->String Value. The name of the key should be DLL. Double click on the DLL to open the Edit String dialog. Enter ABEMU5.DRV under Value Data. Click OK button when finished.
The SLC (DH485) Emulator Driver should now appear available in RSLinx to configure.

I called Rockwell this morning and asked them about the driver and they told me that is was not supported. I asked "not supported or will not operate?" They said both! You can Install RSEmulate 500 on W7 64-bit but they say it will not run!

The tip works great! I should have searched here first! Great thread...

Thanks techwing (and operaghost) for posting this - it was a big help getting Emulate 500 (now a free download) to run on Windows 7 64 bit! ;)

On my VM with Emulate500 v6, RSLinx v2.59, and RSLogix500 v8.3 everything worked great, but on my VM with Emulate500 v6, RSLinx v3.6, and RSLogix500 v9 I had to run RSLogix as an admin to get it to go online. :unsure:

Hi All,

I have Asus Laptop running window 8, then I bought VMware workstation 9, since then it gives me a lot of headache. herewith:

Laptop Specs:
Main OS - Windows 8
Processor: i7 2G-2.3Gh
Memory: 10GB
Hard drive: 1TG

Virtual Machine:
VMware Workstation 9:
OS Window 7 32Bit:
Processor set: 1pro 2 core
Memory: 4GB

My problem is when I run my Logix V20 its very very slow to open specially if running 2 to 3 logix 20, then when I run logixv17 it gives error when your try to monitor the addresses..

Please help Im not too sure if I made the right decision on buying VMware.. I to tally helpless..

Cheers,

Ganie

?

The Logix500 Emul driver is not an available selection in RSLinx? Have you installed the driver? According to the spreadsheet, W7 x64 should work

i tryed to install on a win 7 pro, with all files made to run in administrator and in win xp sp3 mode and im comeing upon no avail, \

" the rslinx classic path was not found in icom.ini or rocksoft.ini rslinx must be installed in order to run rs logix emulate 500.:unsure: "

Hi All,

I have Asus Laptop running window 8, then I bought VMware workstation 9, since then it gives me a lot of headache. herewith:

Laptop Specs:
Main OS - Windows 8
Processor: i7 2G-2.3Gh
Memory: 10GB
Hard drive: 1TG

Virtual Machine:
VMware Workstation 9:
OS Window 7 32Bit:
Processor set: 1pro 2 core
Memory: 4GB

My problem is when I run my Logix V20 its very very slow to open specially if running 2 to 3 logix 20, then when I run logixv17 it gives error when your try to monitor the addresses..

Please help Im not too sure if I made the right decision on buying VMware.. I to tally helpless..

Cheers,

Ganie

Ganie,

This is probably the wrong thread / topic for your question, however I do run VMware9 on my 3 year old i5 Dell laptop with only 8 mb memory running Win7 Pro 64. I can run TWO Win7 64 bit VM's at the same time with RSLogix5K running fine, and each VM is set to just 2gb of ram and I have no issues (as long as I start each up one at a time.) So I suggest seeing if there is a tweak for VMware 9 and Windows 8? :unsure:

I can confirm that did the trick in version 2.59.

I was able to create the driver, download and go online to the emulated SLC.

I am including a .reg file that has all those steps done for you.

You can open/edit the file in Notepad if you want to verify the contents. Double-click on the .reg file to update your registry.

OG

Thanks! Worked great for me on Win7 x64.

Thanks a bunch... I've been trying to get this up and running on my win7 64bit Home edition and had the same issues. The reg instructions worked... too bad I didn't scroll down far enough to see Operaghost already did the favor of creating a .reg file.

Oh well. 1:30 am cst .... It it finally emulating!