Atlas Copco PLC

petrfilipi

Hi, guys.

I have got an Atlas Copco PLC Elektronikon. It is possible to programme it? Does anyone have a scheme for connection this PLC to any PC? Does anyone have some SW for programming?

Thanks for your answer.

Petr Filipi, Czech Republic

Last edited:
i've never used one but those seam to be dedicated controllers for air compressors. if i'm not mistaken this should be something that can be configured/adjusted (changed setpoints) but i'm not sure about programmability in terms of changing logic. can't you just give a call to Atlas Copco, they have offices around the world.

Hi Petr Filipi,

Yes it is possible to communicate over comms with the Atlas compressors. In all of the projects i've done we have used a Comms gateway device that sits between the PLC and compressor Elektronikon (supplied by Atlas). These come in various flavours (RS232, Ethernet, Profibus and Modbus).

Atlas don't really want direct connection with their controllers (on CANBUS), presumably for code protection. So you need to use their interface. All of the ones i have done were using MODBUS (compressor is SLAVE to our PLC as MASTER). Then they give you a set of pre-defined registers and bits to use in your code.

You are able to read analogue (temperatures, pressure etc), bits (overloads, e-stop, load/unload etc) and also write to certain addresses (stop/start, load/unload, pressure band parameters etc).

I know the Modbus gateway (COMBOX-S) allows upto 5 compressors to be networked on the CANBUS side (all as SLAVES) for you to control.

Hope this helps. :)