power monitor to inotuch 10.6

It depends on what you want to use the tag for. If you want to use the tag as an interface on the monitor screen, then you just use the tag on your monitor as the created icon and set your Modbus parameters correctly to establish communication. If you want to read/write the tag status, then you will have to create a code or use a block to read/write the status.

Hope this helps

this is what I was thinking of doing, there is an existing Modbus module and I'm going to connect this power monitor to the Modbus module and add the Modbus registers directly into the item name. will this work?

First! which device will be the Master? It definitely should work as longs you set the modbus correctly (address, baud rate, etc) and also keep the tag naming convention consistent.

Right now I am only trying to read data from it and just write a scripts for alarms. so what I have now is to setup the Power meter, use that IP, add it to Modbus driver via System management console, add a topic, and use the configured Modbus registers as item name.

does this sound right? or too far to be right?