Modbus TCP/IP to IC697CMM742 TCP/IP SRTP

fernandoguer

Hey Guys,
I am trying to figure out if I can send modbus tcp/ip commands to a IC697CMM742 that support tcp/ip (srtp). I guess I am a bit confused as to the terminology used in communication protocols. TCP/IP just encompasses a modbus command, so should the card be able to read said command if it doesnt specifically state it support modbus? (it says its srtp)
Please if anyone can help me with the reason for their answer that would really help me!
Thanks guys!!

No, TCP/IP is the transport layer, it means the device can send and receive raw bytes through TCP and nothing more.

A protocol like Modbus is needed above the transport layer for the devices to understand each other, but if your device does not specify that it has Modbus capability in the specs for sure it does not support it.