Data Table Display In Binary Format

PERSPOLIS

HI EXPERTS

EVERY TIME I GO TO DATA TABLE TO VIEW THE STATUS OF ANY BIT USING RSLOGIX 500 IT IS IN DECIMAL FORMAT ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO CHANGE FROM DECIMAL TO BINARY SO THAT THE DEFAULT DIPLAY OF DATA TABLE IS ALWAYS IN BINARY FORMAT.

MANY THANKS EXPERTS

Radix

If you open the data table, in the lower right field there is a radix option. From this option you can go octal, bin, decimal, or hex

Hope that helps

Steve

From what I can see, if the file is a bit file (Starts w/ a B, i.e. B3:5/2) then it normally opens in binary radix but if it is an Integer file (Starts w/ an N, i.e. N7:xx) then it opens in decimal radix).

Are you looking at bits in an integer file? for instance N7:5/2.

You will need to change the radix manually as Steve D suggested.

HTH

none

I had a custom class from rockwell automation last week and while we were discussing the rslogix software someone brought that point up, our instructor told us that there is no way to change the default setting, as the last post says a b3 file is in binary and an integer file is in decimal, you can change it from the radix but you will never be able to change it so that every time you open it up the integer file will be in binary, I hope this helps

when u open a data file for the first time it will always open with the default radix for that type of file: binary for B files, decimal for N files, etc.

if you change the radix of, say a B3 data file from binary to decimal or hex, etc. and close the data file. then open the data file once again, the change still remains as it is. i.e. the file will open with the data in the same radix as that with which it was closed.