Automation Problem (Electro-pneumatic).Ladder diagram using Automation Studio 5.0

kucinggemok

Hello everyone,i am a final year student.I would like to ask help for my final year project:

This is the problem:
The system shown is used for packing tins of paint into cardboard boxes. Every operation of actuator A insert tine of paint in the loading magazine. Actuator B then places a row of five tins into the box. The box is full after three rows of tins is pushed into the box. The sequenced is initiated by a START PB and the required cycle is {[(A+A-)x5]+(B+B-)}x3.The image is down there:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/2d7f9c32066814

Ive use the Automation Studio 5.0 to help me with the simulation.I am using a method similar to cascade method but for electro-pneumatic called Method A.

First. I create the ladder diagram for the sequence A+A- (without the counter )
Same goes to the sequence B+B-

Then I add the counter to the sequence A+A-.The sequence now will repeat 5 times.

Later on I did some modification to the last ladder diagram and combine it with the sequence B+B- .Here where the problem is.

After the completing the sequence A+A- for 5 times,it will start the B+B- sequence.Problem is the B+B- sequence wont stop running (only if I stop the simulation)..

Can anyone help me with this?:confused::confused::confused:

2d7f9c32066814

Actually no.The START as far as I know is to RESET the counter.Correct me if I'm wrong.Because you see the sequence A+A- has to be repeated 5times and the sequence B+B- will follow and the whole sequence is to be repeated three times. I now stuck at programming the first sequence.Huhu.

according to the diagram you have not added a counter to B+B- sequence to tell it when to stop.
okay.I will try,but where should I put the counter, because AFAIK if I want to add a counter in the ladder diagram I need to add additional contacts and limit switch so it can function properly.And I dont know where should I put this too. >_<

Actually no.The START as far as I know is to RESET the counter.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well maybe, depends on how you want to accomplish the task.

It is possible to use more than one action to reset your counter.

Because you see the sequence A+A- has to be repeated 5times and the sequence B+B- will follow and the whole sequence is to be repeated three times.

Just how are you going to do the "three times" thing? I only see 1 counter.

I now stuck at programming the first sequence.Huhu.

Well maybe, depends on how you want to accomplish the task.

It is possible to use more than one action to reset your counter.

Just how are you going to do the "three times" thing? I only see 1 counter.
For the "three times" thing, I havent finished yet with the programming coz I still stuck with the sequence B+B- . o_Oo_O

For the "three times" thing, I havent finished yet with the programming coz I still stuck with the sequence B+B- . o_Oo_O

This quote partially explains your problem. You have not thought this problem all the way to the end. You need to make a flow chart of the problem. Or perhaps number the "steps" in your description. Then translate into ladder.

PS. You still need to reset your first counter to stop "B" from forever cycling.

alanMICS,

I'm sorry, you posted while I was posting. Forgive me!

Hello guys,thanks for the input/suggestion 👨🏻‍🏫 gives to me in previous post.:site::site:

As for the programming, I now managed to program the sequence
[(A+A-)x5]B+B- --> Sequence A+A- will run for 5 times and followed by B+B- sequence which will run once.

This is how I did the programming after several try.

1. I program the sequence A+A- with the 5 times counter
2. I program separately the sequence B+B- with the 1 time counter
This is the image of the programming for actuator A and actuator B

3. I then combine both module A and module B and run the program.It works!
Below is the image of the ladder diagram

But I havent achieved what should I get,I now has to repeated all the sequence stated above in this post for three times. Can anyone give me any Ideas how should I repeat the sequence for three times? I already tried to add another counter (with the programming I know) for this purpose but it wont work!Did I wrongly programmed it? But please can anyone here help me with this problem? I already make a sequence diagram for this problem to ease me in the program but still i cant program it properly.(I dont have any Idea more to complete it!) o_Oo_O

Hi milldrone. did you click the image?
According to your instruction above, does that mean the sequence will be something like this ----> (A+A-B+B-)x3 ? Because my aim is to get this kind of sequence {[(A+A-)x5]B+B-}x3 .

Ive been thinking now to create another ladder diagram with 2 counter in it but with a simpler sequence just to see how i can solve this. Maybe this kind of sequence [(A+A-)x3]x5.

kucinggemok,

1.start routine
2.Stroke A+A- return
3.Add one count to the counter.
4.After 5 strokes inhibit A+A- until B+B- has stroked
5.Stroke B+B-
6.As soon as B+B- has done one stroke & return allow A+A- to do it's 5 stroke thing
7.Add one count to the BB counter
8.As soon as the BB counter has accumulated 3 strokes stop the process