SLC 5/04 + 1747-SN,B passthru to Panelview

paperboy4828

Looking for some help with downloading to a Panelview 1400e via a SLC 5/04 and 1747-SN,B RIO scanner. The 1747-SN,B is configured for racks 0-3, all full racks. The Panelview is configured for a RIO passthru application at 230.4 baud. The 1747-SN,B is also configured for 230.4 baud. When an application is transferred to the Panelview via serial link, application transfers and communication with 1747-SN,B is fine. Block transfers work without fail. Communications are set up from PC to serial connection on SLC 5/04, 19,200 baud, on system channel 0. When trying to do a passthru file transfer, Panelview is setup through the touch screen for network transfer, RIO... When switched back into run mode, the 1747-SN,B presents a green blinking light, indicating that "at least one remote device is not communicating". I have tried to change the block on the Panelview RIO setup from 0 to 1 to 2 to 3 with the same results each time. Thru RSlinx, communication to the SLC 5/04 is fine. Channel 1 in the SLC 5/04 is setup as DH+, 230.4 baud, but is not used. If I load and start the DH+ driver in RSlinx, and look at RSwho, I see the serial network, the SLC 5/04; under the 5/04 I see the DH+ network, and the SLC 5/04 again. I'm assuming that is the DH+ on channel 1 that is not connected to anything. I can never seem to get the panelview to show up in RSlinx, and with out that communication the passthru will never happen. What am I missing here?

passthru to panel view

hey go in through Rslinx and change the driver config from the slc-ch0/microview/panelview to the driver for 1770-KF2/1785-KE/SCANport
RSlinx2.jpg

that will at least get it to show in rslinx and then in rslogix make sure you change in the Processor status tab goto ch0 and change thedf1 pass-Thru enable bit to 1.
ControllerProperties.jpg

I have done as you suggested, that exact same procedure that I downloaded from a Rockwell white paper. My current understanding is that the SLC5/04 ser.c is only capable of "one-hop" passthrough. That is, if the Panelview were setup on the DH+ network, the above procedure would work fine, but with the Panelview setup through a RIO card (1747-SN,B) the proper passthrough link can't accessed.

The answer is to communicate using my PCMCIA DH+ communication card directly to the DH+ port on the SLC5/04, which can then see nodes on the RIO network. What I was trying to do in the first post is not possible due the limitation of the "one-hop" passthrough.