Siemens/WinCC Licencing upgrade Confusion

Good Day fellow PLC practitioners!

I'm looking for some advice regarding a Siemens WinCC Licencing issue.

The system in question was installed by another who abandoned the project (so I'm picking up the pieces)

The machines have WinCC Server V7.0 running
Which was initially installed as WinCC Server V6.2 then upgraded

The problem is the Licence is still WinCC Server V6.2
and there is now a separate licence called "WinCC Server Upgrade" V7.0

The Licence Analysis doesn't seem to agree with this (as it's demanding a WinCC Server V7.0 licence)

Is there some technique or method I can use to combine/upgrade the old licence using the upgrade licence?
Or perhaps convince the Licence analysis tool that the upgrade licence is what its looking for?

I've tested all the licences in the Licence manager and they are all valid licences (but neither of them are being used)

I just cant seem to figure it out and the documentation mentions nothing about it...

Any Advice?

Sounds like WinCC server V6.2 just hasn’t been upgraded
If my memory serves, just right click on that key and it will find the v7 authorization.

It’s either that or vice versa.
Of course this is done from the Automation license manager

Sounds like WinCC server V6.2 just hasn’t been upgraded

Yes! The server itself is V7.0, but the licence hasnt been

If my memory serves, just right click on that key and it will find the v7 authorization.

It’s either that or vice versa.
Of course this is done from the Automation license manager

I've tried this
The only options I get in the licence manager are
  • Cut
  • Delete
  • Select All
  • Reverse Selection
  • Transfer
  • Check
  • Update

I've tried moving the key in and out again and update just refreshes everything with no change
Both licences pass the "Check" option

Ive tried selecting both at once as well (in case there was maybe a merge or something) but no luck

I'm really stumped!

Ah! That did the trick thank you!

Now I need to figure out why it now lists the error
"Several Licences with the same name detected"

When I search for that licence file and only see it once...