Migration Simatic S5 - Lenze 9300 (Interbus) to S7 (profibus)

Hi All,

I am currently working on a Simatic S5 upgrade to the S7-400. The currently installed configuration PLC is connected to 3 LENZE 9300 drives / inverters using interbus. In the PLC there is IBS module S5 DSC / I-T and in the inverter there is 2111 module.

Communication using Drivecom protocol with 32 bit input configuration and 32 bit output.

The configuration I use for S7-400 uses profibus (port X2 from CPU) and module 2133 in LENZE.

From what I know there are two communication channels between PLC and Lenze ie

1. Process Data channel

2. Parameter Data channel

Process Data channel using IO address level, for example for one drive using address:

QW 84 Control Word; IW 84 Status Word

QW 86 Speed ​​setpoint (N-TRIM); IW 86 feeedback actual speed

While Paramater Data channel using Data Block where PLC write and read parameter of Drive / Inverter using standard block from IBS S5 DSC / I-T.

Question:

1. At motor start there is an awkwardness, the speed setpint that PLC S7 send is received differently when using S5. For example when using S5 QW86 = -96 and at LENZE AIF-IN.W1 = -95947, but when using S7 QW = -96 and in LENZE AIF-IN.W1 = -5859 so the motor rotates very slowly.

2. Where in LENZE we can monitor Control Word sent PLC. eg PLC QW84 = 2006 (hex), where can we see it in LENZE?

That is for now, more question may come latter.

Regards

bin mulyadin

Thank you for replying, I really appreciated.

I am thinking the same (about scaling problem) at the first time. But when I see that above manual (page 57) and comparing to "EMF2111IB__INTERBUS AIF module__v1-0__EN.PDF" (page 37), it seems to me those Interbus and Profibus modules are using the same scaling. Am I right?

Please advice
bin mulyadin

Please advice
bin mulyadin

The value -95947 is not a valid integer. The value should be between -32768 to +32767.

Thank you Sir,
You are right, but that is what I saw in LENZE side (using GDC software) and it works in current condition (S5 with Interbus).

But my question is why it shows different value when I use S7 with Profibus.

regards
bin mulyadin

The value -96 corresponds to -1.92 Hz (-96/24000 * 480Hz) You said the drive moved very slow, which seems correct on the Profibus module. I'm not sure what calculation/scaling is happening on the Interbus version. Try sending some other speed (x Hz/480Hz * 24000), if possible, and check the actual rotational speed.