Siemens S7-1500 CPU Internal Temperature Sensor

edda

Hi!

Is there any internal temperature sensor in the S7-1500 CPU (processor temperature)? If yes, is it accessible from the user program code?

We have a couple of cabinets that gets warm inside but we would like to know how warm the CPU really is.

Best Regards.

I've never heard of any way to access one, at the least.

Siemens has specs for what temps the devices are rated for at different mounting positions. They can get pretty warm and still be OK.

I know what ambient temperature the 1500 can operate in, not what I asked for... I want to get the internal processor temperature so I can logg it during different machine cycles and over several weeks.

Last edited:
Most PLC's that have a thermocouple I/O card have a cold junction temperature sensor that is supposed to monitor the temperature of the connection terminals. Many times that value can be tagged for use other than cold junction compensation.