If only all problems were this..........

John Morris

Lifetime Supporting Member
Alrighty, good morning all

I have a situation, I have created a display in FTVS v8.0. It's for a 19" screen, so in order to get from the top of the screen to the bottom, it has to be scrolled.

I need a screen shot of the main display and i haven't found a way to scroll with the snipping tool. Is there a way to display the whole screen without running a test app. (wanted to avoid all the 'error and ER* on the print.)

Thanks for the time.

Any and all appreciated.

If you can, change the resolution on your dev monitor to be bigger than the display res for your project. That should remove the need to scroll.

Drat!

Take more than one picture and merge them together w/ paint?

Edit: Well, you can do a Zoom Out or Zoom to fit from the view menu but that can look a little weird.

Last edited:
From the FTVS development environment, you can right-click and zoom out. Unfortunately it does not appear to go to a specified percent, rather something like 50%. I could not find out how to set the zoom percent by briefly looking.

It sounds like your monitor is just on the cusp of failing. Approach purse string holder with the spec for a new one.

As it's not been specifically mentioned, I'll state what might appear to be the obvious, but then again, might not...

To print a specific display from within the application, first open that display alone, or if multiple displays are open, make sure that the one you want to print has current focus (to the fore). Then select File/Print.

I use this regularly for quick prints when I've drafted up a display for a new project or mod to existing so I can show it at meetings or to floor staff for critique and improvements. Or if creating Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.

Alternatively, for more application-wide documentation for filing a completed project, or preparation for say a customer copy, then you should take a look at the built-in Application Documenter. This facilitates the viewing, exporting and printing of all HMI application components.

It is installed with FactoryTalk View Studio and can be found at Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk View -> Tools -> Application Documenter.

Regards,
George

Application Documenter. This facilitates the viewing, exporting and printing of all HMI application components.

It is installed with FactoryTalk View Studio and can be found at Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk View -> Tools -> Application Documenter.

Regards,
George

That's the way to do it.
Load the project in Application Documenter
Use the File>export to HTML feature
In the export folder you will find a JPG of all your screens.