Get RSLinx Project name in RSView

FKelly

Hi,

Is there any way to determine the project name of the default RSLinx Project running on a client station in RSview ?

Thanks

From MrPLC. Rockwell describes how to do it here. To be honest, I only partially understand what they're talking about.

A better solution involves using the Linx "System" topic to provide a unique identifier for each computer. This approach works with both Wintelligent Linx and RSLinx. Linx allows DDE-compliant programs like RSView or Excel to obtain the name of the currently loaded Linx project. The advantage to this approach over the first one is that it does not require multiple versions of the same RSView project. To implement this in RSView, follow these steps:
On each machine, set the default Linx project to a unique name. See the user manual for details on this process.
In RSView, define a DDE node (i.e. "ID") with application "ICOMWDRV" (for WinLinx) or "RSLINX" (for RSLinx). Topic name is "SYSTEM", which is a built-in Linx topic and does not need to be configured by the user
In RSView, create a tag called "ID" with the following characteristics:
Node: ID (or whatever name defined in step 2)
Data Source: Device
Address: GetCurrentProj

At this point the user can build the application to reference the tag ID. Using Event Detector, RSView can display a different initial screen, start a derived tag file, or any other RSView function that can be activated from an expression. Since the RSView application is the same for every project, it can be backed up and restored to a Runtime station, yet it will behave differently depending on what the Linx project name is currently loaded.
Catalog Number:
DocFullNum: A4016
Revision:All
Fixed in Revision:
Package: Works
Modual: Dynamic Data Exchange;Linx

FKelly said:
Hi,

Is there any way to determine the project name of the default RSLinx Project running on a client station in RSview ?

Thanks