FiFo data types

coopdegrace

Hi all, just a question regarding FiFo tables in S7, any help would be much appretiated.

I am trying to place the values from a FM350-1 counter onto a FiFo table. The only problem I have is that the count is of type DINT and the table (FC84 from TI-S7 converting blocks) will only accept DWORD as an input. Is there any other FiFo functions that will store DINT or maybe some way of converting from one data type to another?

Cheers

I haven't got a system handy to try it on, but as far as I can remember, in STL you should simply be able to copy your DINT to another location which is defined as a DWORD and then use this second location as a parameter for the FC84 call (my memory says that the Data parameter of FC84 is a WORD, not a DWORD, but my memory may be playing tricks there).
In Ladder or Function Block use the move command which achieves the same result.