FactoryTalk View Studio alarm log file

Disguysam

I converted my PV 1000 to PV+6 1250. The main capabilities i wanted was remote access and a way to log alarms and retrieve them remotely.
I was able to get the remote access (pretty simple), but i'm having trouble figure out if i can get the alarm logs in like a text file or .csv file. I read somewhere that PV+6 doesn't have this capability. Can anyone verify this or are there work around solutions for this?

I think there's an ActiveX data control you can use to get log info. I haven't used it but read a bit about it. I'm sure the folks around here can shed more light on that.

Otherwise the default log file has to get extracted from the PV and opened with FactoryTalk View File Viewer, which can then be saved to a csv file.

No way to log alarms to csv or txt.
Like BlueAltezza, I think the only way is to copy the alarm log from the PVP, then use the viewing tool on the desktop.

No way to log alarms to csv or txt.
Like BlueAltezza, I think the only way is to copy the alarm log from the PVP, then use the viewing tool on the desktop.
Arlenjacobs, How do copy the alarm log, where is the file located? What viewing tool are you referring to?

On the PVP, when you are in Config mode there is a menu for copying files.
I don't recall exactly where that is, but it will let you copy all the log files.

On the desktop in FTView Studio, use the FactoryTalk View File Viewer under:
Programs>Rockwell Software>FactoryTalk View>Tools