Panelview Plus 7 update time from PLC, Factorytalk.

RetiQlum

What am I missing here. After scouring the web I can't seem to get the HMI to update from the 1769 PLC.

The tags all come from the GSV getwallclocktime and have been verified to be correct.

I've been banging my head against the wall with this.

GlobalConnectionsTime.png

There's nothing in your "Remote Date and Time" field:

"Remote Date and Time
You can assign an analog or digital tag or an expression to this control. The application reads the value of this control and, when it changes from zero to a non-zero value, updates the application terminal’s internal clock with the values in the Remote Year, Remote Month, Remote Day of Month, Remote Hour, Remote Minute, and Remote Second controls. Only the time elements to which controls are assigned are used to update the internal clock."

So, what tag do you put into the remote date and time? Why do you need an additional remote date and time tag when you clearly have them? I accept that it works, but why?

So, what tag do you put into the remote date and time? Why do you need an additional remote date and time tag when you clearly have them? I accept that it works, but why?

I believe "Remote Date and Time" is what actually tells the PanelView to sync with the tags in the other fields. It's not syncing with the time unless Remote Date and Time has a value greater than 0.

Edit: I see now that post 2 explained it.

Hi to all good people here. I am new to Panelview 800 recipes and so on, so I have question.
I would like to set date and time to trigger B3:0/0 bit in my Micrologix 1400 PLC which will start pumps, sensors etc. I do not know how to do that so trying to find help here. I manage to make all bits running from Panelview 800 but don't know how to trigger specific bit using date and time. I need to be controlled by HMI not to use RTC, or if someone have idea how to use RTC that would work too.
Thank's to all of you who keeping the good work and help people like me.